Roast Pumpkin Risotto with Feta
Add 150g of baby spinach leaves for a vibrant dish.
- 1.2kg Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4.2ltr hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 255g unsalted butter
- 1.2kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small onions, finely chopped
- 300g parmesan, finely grated
- 780g feta cheese, cubed
- Salt and black pepper, to season
- Basil or flat parsley, to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Toss the pumpkin cubes and olive oil in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes until the flesh is just tender. Once cooked leave to stand.
- In a large shallow pan sweat the onion and garlic in the butter, until soft, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Tip in the Brown & White rice, raise the heat and toast until translucent.
- Reduce the heat and add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring well to ensure the stock is completely absorbed, before adding the next ladle.
- Once the rice is al dente, fold in the parmesan, feta cheese and roast pumpkin and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Add more stock if necessary.
- Serve garnished with chopped basil or flat leaf parsley.