Mango Rice Pudding
- Serves 2
With Fragrant Jasmine rice and desiccated coconut.
- 150g Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- 25g caster sugar
- 140ml milk
- 160ml coconut cream
- 50ml double cream
- 1 small mango, diced (approx. ½ inch cubes)
- Toasted desiccated coconut (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and stir in the rice. Return to boil, cover and simmer for 9-10 minutes. It is best kept as ‘al dente’. Drain in a colander.
- Add the drained cooked rice to a saucepan, along with the milk and coconut milk and heat over on a medium setting and stir as it heats up. It will start to thicken.
- Keep gently heating until it thickens. Check the rice is cooked through, then add the cream to finish the pudding. If still a little too thick, add more milk until you have the desired consistency. Add the sugar and stir through.
- Serve in suitable dishes, and add the diced mango on top of the pudding.
- Optional garnish, sprinkle with toasted desiccated coconut. This can be done in a dry frying pan over a low heat until toasted to a light brown colour.