Fruity Chicken Curry & Coconut Basmati Rice
Serve with lobster instead of chicken for a more premium menu option.
This dish can be gluten free if you use gluten free stock.
- 2 free range chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp plain ﬂour
- Salt and pepper
- 50g salted butter
- 1 tbsp sunﬂower oil
- 150ml coconut milk
- 125g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- 50g butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, ﬁnely chopped
- 2 pineapple rings, drained and diced
- 1 small banana, cubed
- 1 ﬁrm apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 75ml chicken stock (use gluten free variety to keep dish GF)
- 75ml coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 50g sultana
- Cut the chicken breast into large chunks.
- Lightly ﬂour and season the chicken chunks.
- Heat half the butter and oil in a pan and cook the chicken until golden brown, this should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, pineapple, banana and half the apple.
- Add the curry powder, desiccated coconut, coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Pass through a sieve to form a smooth glossy sauce.
- Melt the remaining butter and gently cook the apples and sultanas for 5 minutes just until softened. Add to the smooth curry sauce.
- Rinse the rice in cold water. Place into a pan and just cover with cold water. Add the coconut milk and boil for 10 minutes or until the rice is just cooked. Drain.
- Spoon the rice onto a plate topped with the chicken and with a drizzle of sauce.
- Serve with a tomato and red onion salad.