Cheesy Vegetable and Rice Fritters
Serve with a leafy green salad for added goodness.
- 400g Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 150g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 small courgettes, grated
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 65g plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add Tilda Brown & White rice and return to a medium boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on required texture.
- Cool the rice in a colander under cold running water. Drain well to ensure the rice is as dry as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cooked rice, cheese, eggs, carrot, courgette, basil and flour. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Fill a small ladle (or similar) with the mixture, turn into the hot pan and flatten into a round fritter shape. Continue to make more, being careful not to overload the pan.
- Cook the fritters in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer the cooked fritters to a tray lined with paper towel, and keep warm or serve straight away.