Spicy Vegemince™ Burritos
- Serves 20
- 600g Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 1kg Linda McCartney Vegemince™
- 20 soft flour tortillas
- 4 large onions – 3 thinly sliced, 1 finely diced
- 3 red peppers, seeded, cored and sliced
- 3 green peppers, seeded, cored and sliced
- 1.2kg tinned kidney beans, drained (or mixed beans)
- 150g sour cream (optional)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mexican spice mix (coriander, paprika, oregano, chilli powder, garlic powder. Approx. 3 tsp of each)
- Chilli sauce for seasoning (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
Cook the Tilda Brown & White Rice as per the instructions on the pack, then keep hot.
For the Vegemince™, add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large pan with the finely diced onion, and sweat until soft. Add the Vegemince™ and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the mince has softened. Add ½ of the Mexican spice mix and continue to stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes and keep hot. (Tip - if it looks a little dry, try adding a little vegetable stock to soften).
Place the sliced onions and peppers on a shallow baking tray and lightly toss with olive oil and the rest of the Mexican spice mix. Roast in the oven for approximately 10 minutes until soft and lightly caramelised.
Heat the kidney or mixed beans in a pan of simmering water, drain and keep hot.
Evenly distribute some of the cooked rice, Vegemince™, peppers, onions and beans in the middle of each soft tortilla. Be sure not to overload each burrito!
Top with a little sour cream and a dash of chilli sauce, if you wish.
For the burritos, fold the bottom edge over to meet the top of the tortilla then gently pull the top back around the filling to shape it. Finally, fold in each side, before rolling to form the finished burrito.
Wrap the burritos individually in tin foil to keep them hot and to prevent them falling apart or alternatively, place all the burritos on a tray, covered in foil. Warm through the oven for 6-8 minutes on a medium heat if required.