Garlic & Shiitake mushroom rice
- Serves 10
- 250g Basmati & Wild Rice (with 4 cups of water)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 6-8 garlic cloves, garlic pressed
- 2 spring onions, chopped (keep
- white and green part separate)
- 200g or 2.5 cups of mushrooms
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sriracha sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
Cook the rice, 2 cups rice with 4 cups of water.
Heat the sesame oil in pan on medium heat. Once hot, saute the garlic and spring onions until golden brown.
Then add in the sliced mushrooms and stir-fry them on high heat for around 2 minutes.
Once the rice is cooked, toss it into the pan. Add in the soya sauce and sriracha and mix them well.
Season with spring onions (just the green part) and black pepper and salt if required.