Braised Lamb Shanks
- 91 - 120 Minutes
- Serves 2
Braised lamb shanks cooked slowly with vegetables and stock.
- 200g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati rice
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 lamb shanks (seasoned)
- 3 tbsp veg oil
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1100ml lamb or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp French mustard
- 3 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Salt and pepper to tast
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Seal shanks with onions, thyme, bay, and cinnamon on a medium to high heat. Add 3 cloves of garlic (whole) and cook for 10 minutes.
- add 200ml of the stock and reduce for 2 minutes then add 1/2 the remaining stock, cover and place in the oven to cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile soak rice for 1 hour and add to dish with remaining stock and cook for 40 minutes covered.
- Heat the redcurrant jelly and mustard with a couple of tablespoons of water in a saucepan.
- Scatter with fresh parsley, mint and season as required. Pour over the redcurrant and mustard mixture and serve!