Traditional Rice Pakoras
A crispy fried snack using left over rice. Excellent served with a spicy relish and a hot drink on a cold day.
Difficulty (1-5): 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Blend together the cooked rice, flour, onions, chilli and coriander.
- Add salt to taste and 1 tbsp hot oil.
- Add about 210ml of cold water and mix to a thick batter consistency.
- Heat a deep fat fryer or saucepan with oil (¾ full) until hot.
- Add dessertspoon fulls of mixture and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen roll and serve hot
- 210g (7oz) Tilda Pure Basmati Rice (cooked)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 150g (5oz) plain flour
- 210ml (7 oz) water
- 1 tbsp hot sun flower oil
- Sunflower oil, for frying