Chicken & Almond Pilaff
Difficulty (1-5): 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 2000C, gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes until golden. Add ginger, garlic and dry spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour until the rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Season to taste before serving.
For a more exotic touch, try Tilda Basmati & Wild rice instead of the Wholegrain rice. The wild rice adds a beautiful contrast to both the look and the taste of your dish.
- 240g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skinned and scored (approx. 1kg)
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2-3 cloves
- 50g fl aked almonds
- 600ml chicken stock
- 200g green beans, halved