Tomato and Chilli Risotto
- 500g Tilda Arborio Risotto Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1.65 ltr vegetable stock, hot
- 300ml passata, sieved tomatoes
- 75g peppadews or 1-2 chillies, finely chopped
- 25g chives, finely chopped
- 125g garlic and herb soft cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Add the oil, garlic and onion to a heavy based pan over a medium heat and cook for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the rice ensuring the grains are coated in the oil, add 150ml of the vegetable stock and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining hot stock, a little at a time, allowing it to be absorbed by the rice, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking. Halfway through the cooking, add the passata and peppadews or chillies.
- Continue until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir through the chives and the cheese, allowing it to melt.
- Season to taste and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.