Stuffed Peppers with Cashew Nuts and Red Onion
- Serves 10
2 tbsp olive oil
400g red onion, diced
50ml balsamic vinegar
150g cashew nuts
2 tsp garlic puree
1 tsp cracked black peppercorns
salt , to taste
750ml vegetable stock
5 yellow peppers , halved, de-seeded and core removed
parmesan cheese , shavings
10ml basil oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and stir fry the diced red onion for 3 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 5 mins. Stir in cashew nuts and then set aside when cooked.
- Add the basmati rice, garlic puree, cracked black peppercorns, salt and vegetable stock to the same pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 25 mins or until all the stock has been absorbed
- Brush the halved yellow peppers with olive oil and roast for 20 mins, keeping warm once cooked.
- Stir the red onion into the rice mixture and fill the peppers with the mixture.
- Place the filled peppers into serving dishes and sprinkle with the Parmesan shavings and drizzle with basil oil.