Spiced Chickpea Curry
A perfectly warming Autumnal dish that is ideal for vegetarian customers.
- 120g Tilda Brown Wholegrain Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Chilli flakes
- 2 red onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained)
- 100ml water
- Add some oil to a deep saucepan, along with spices of your choice and chilli flakes.
- Wait until the oil starts to crackle then add the chopped onions and the garlic to the pan.
- Mix the onions with the spices and leave until the onions are soft.
- Then add half a tin of chopped tomatoes and leave the mixture to simmer for five minutes.
- Add chickpeas and water to the pan.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid, lower the heat and leave the curry to thicken for around 5-10 minutes.
- At the same time, cook the rice according to the on-pack instructions, then serve with the curry.