Serve with custard to make this pudding even more delicious.
- 600g Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 1kg plums, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon or mixed spice
- 300ml apple or orange juice
- 5 tbsp honey (or golden syrup)
- 2 pints whole milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 2 x 170g can evaporated milk
- 25g butter
- Heat oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Put the plums into a baking dish, sprinkle on the cinnamon and pour over the juice and honey. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, until plums are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring milk and sugar to the boil. Add the Tilda Brown & White Rice and cook until soft, for about 30 minutes, keep stirring. Add the nutmeg and stir in evaporated milk.
- Spoon over the rice in an even layer, dot the butter on top, return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.