Corn-fed Chicken filled with Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice
On a broad bean, pea and smoked bacon sauté chive volute.
- 300g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati & Wild Rice
- 5 crowns of corn-fed chicken
- A bunch of fresh thyme, chopped
- A bunch of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 190ml white wine
- 150g butter
- 4 large shallots
- 1/2 bunch tarragon
- 250g broad beans, blanched and pitted
- 250g fresh peas, blanched and deskinned
- 100g pancetta lardons
- 200ml reduced chicken stock
- 1 litre whipping cream
- 150g crème fraiche
- 5 egg yolks
- 8 whole eggs mixed with ¼ pint milk
- 300g seasoned flour
- 500g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- Chives, to garnish
- Dice the shallots and garlic.
- Sauté over a medium heat without colouring, then add the Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice and herbs.
- Add the white wine and reduce, stirring continuously.
- When the rice is cooked check the seasoning and spread onto a tray and allow to cool.
- Divide the 5 crowns into 10 breast fillets and proceed to trim all the fat and blood line out of the chicken and cut under the fillet on the back to make a pocket.
- Flavour the rice with tarragon and add 5 egg yolks, fill pocket with rice and seal with egg wash.
- Set up three trays, one with seasoned flour, the second with beaten eggs and milk and the third with panko breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken in flour then in egg mix and then into breadcrumbs. Then place the chicken again into egg wash and then into bread crumbs (this will ensure that your chicken has a good crust!)
- Place in fridge to set.
Lardons, Sauce & Chicken
- Place the pancetta lardons in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Drain off the water and run under a cold tap (this will take away the excess salt).
- Pan-fry the lardons in butter with a little oil until crisp, add the peas and broad beans at the last minute and stir.
- Heat chicken stock in a pan and when reduced to a glaze add the cream and reduce until thickened. Whisk in crème fraiche and then pass the sauce though a fine sieve.
- Cook the chicken by deep frying at 180°C until golden brown. Then place in a pre-heated oven (180°C/Gas Mark 6) until cooked through and hot in the middle. This will take around 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from oven and remove any excess fat.
- Place a line of lardons and beans on warmed plates.
- Slice the chicken into three and squeeze with lemon juice and season.
- Place the sauce in small jug at end of plate and garnish with chives.