Coconut and Sultana Rice Pudding
- Serves 20
Try topping the rice with sliced peaches or apricots.
1.5kg cooked Brown & White Rice
200g soft brown or white sugar
800ml coconut milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of nutmeg
Drizzle of honey
- Add the cooked rice to a large saucepan and pour over the milk. Bring it to the boil over a medium heat. Turn down to a low heat and gently simmer while stirring often for 8-10 minutes until it reduces and begins to thicken.
- Add the coconut milk and repeat the process of simmering to naturally thicken the pudding. Stir often and you should start to see the desired consistency after 7-8 minutes. If it looks too thin, simply cook a little longer. If the mix looks too thick, just add a little more milk.
- Add the sugar, sultanas, cinnamon and vanilla extract. You can also add the butter and cinnamon (optional).
- Continue to stir for approximately 5 minutes over a low heat. Remove from heat and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve in suitable bowls and drizzle with a little honey.