Warm Coconut Arborio Rice Pudding
- Serves 4
Indulgent coconut rice pudding made with creamy Arborio rice, coconut and almond milk, topped with mango sorbet, honeycomb and pistachio crumble.
100g Tilda Arborio Rice
300ml almond milk
300ml coconut milk
60g palm sugar
90g caster sugar
15g glucose powder
200g caster sugar
2 tbsp water
10g bicarbonate of soda
120g plain flour
100g caster sugar
3 tbsp brown sugar
110g vegetarian butter
Snap dragon flowers
- For the Rice Pudding - Put all the ingredients into a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil, then turn to a low heat and cook covered for 20-25 minutes.
- For the Mango Sorbet - Dice 100g of mango and reserve for the finished dish.
- Bring the water, sugar and glucose to a boil, then allow to cool before blitzing with remainder of the mango and churning in an ice cream machine.
- For the Honeycomb - Mix the caster sugar, glucose and water and heat until it reaches 150˚C.
- Whisk in the bicarbonate of soda, pour into a tray and allow to cool.
- For the Pistachio Crumble - Blitz all of the ingredients to form a dough, then roll out and freeze.
- Blitz the frozen dough to form crumbs, then cook as discs at 160˚C for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- lace the diced mango in the bottom of a bowl, top with the rice pudding and then finish with the honeycomb, crumble, sorbet and herbs.
- Garnish with the lemon verbena, snap dragon flowers and coriander.