Basmati and Wild Rice Baked Tomato
- Serves 4
Oven-roasted beef tomato stuffed generously with exotic basmati & wild rice, Manchego cheese, anchovies, black olives and slow cooked lamb neck.
- 600g lamb neck
- 200g shallot, carrot, celery, rosemary, lamb stock, red wine
- 200g Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g anchovies
- 100g Manchego ewe’s cheese, grated
- 60g black olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 4 beef tomatoes, remove top and seeds
- Olive oil, rosemary, sea salt, garlic for drizzling
- Seal the lamb neck and place in a tray with the vegetables, rosemary, lamb stock & red wine, then cook slowly at 100˚C for 4 hours or until meat is tender. Allow the meat to cool before picking it down, pass off the liquid and reduce it by half, then reserve for the sauce.
- Cook the Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice as indicated on the packet, then drain.
- Sweat off the onion, garlic and anchovies in a little olive oil, then add to the rice and mix in the grated Manchego cheese, black olives, lamb neck meat and basil, then season.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture, put the tops back on and then place on a tray. Drizzle with olive oil, rosemary, sea salt and garlic cloves. Cook at 180˚C for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve with the lamb jus.