- Serves 20
- 600g Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 1kg plums, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon or mixed spice
- 300ml apple or orange juice
- 5 tbsp honey (or golden syrup)
- 2 pints whole milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 2 x 170g can evaporated milk
- 25g butter
Heat oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Put the plums into a baking dish, sprinkle on the cinnamon and pour over the juice and honey. Cover and bake for 30 minutes, until plums are tender.
Meanwhile, bring milk and sugar to the boil. Add the Tilda Brown & White Rice and cook until soft, for about 30 minutes, keep stirring. Add the nutmeg and stir in evaporated milk.
Spoon over the rice in an even layer, dot the butter on top, return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.