Lemon & Cardamon Rice Pudding
Tilda Pure Basmati is sheer indulgence in this creamy dessert
Difficulty (1-5): 3
Serves: 3-4Download the PDF
- Place the rice in a large saucepan with 200ml cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer very gently for 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Pour the milk into a separate saucepan and add the cardamom pod. Scrape the vanilla seeds into the milk with a sharp knife. Heat to simmering point over a low heat and pour over the rice. Add the sugar and cook over a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, until the rice is tender and the milk has thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg yolk, cream and lemon zest. Stir in a large spoonful of the rice mixture, mix well, then add to the remaining rice mixture. Cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring all the time, until the pudding is thick and creamy.
- Take the pan off the heat, remove the cardamom pod and stir in the butter. Spoon into individual dessert bowls or glasses, garnish with the extra lemon zest and serve warm with chocolate biscuits if desired.
- 100g Tilda Pure Basmati rice
- 350ml full-fat milk
- 1 cardamom pod, gently bruised
- ½ vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 60ml double cream
- 1 small unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest, plus a little extra to garnish generous knob butter
- chocolate biscuits to serve (optional)