Tamarind Style Lamb with Apricot and Coriander
- 150g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- 4 lamb shanks
- 100g tamarind paste
- 1 orange , zest and juice
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 125g red wine
- ½ litre lamb stock
- 8g rosemary , seasoning, to taste
- 425ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 75g apricots , finely diced
- 150g sultanas
- 100g green beans
- 10g chilli , finely diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g coriander
- Marinate the lamb shanks overnight with the tamarind paste and the juice and zest of the orange in a bowl and cover.
- Coat the lamb with flour and fry in a hot pan until it is golden brown. Remove from the pan and place into a casserole dish.
- De-glaze the hot pan with redcurrant jelly, red wine and the lamb stock. Reduce the liquid by half and pour over the lamb shanks. Add the rosemary and seasoning together with the remaining marinade sauce. Cover the casserole dish and cook for 2 hours at 150°C. The meat should come away from the bone. Skim the sauce and reduce until it thickens.
- In a pan add the Tilda Basmati Rice, salt and water. Bring the water to boil over a medium heat for about 15 minutes. Add the apricots and sultanas and heat until the rice is cooked through. Place in a buttered mould and set aside.
- Boil the green beans until al dente then remove from the heat. Sauté the chilli and garlic in a pan and add the beans – season and set aside.
- Turn out the rice onto a plate accompanied with a lamb shank and chillied green beans. Sprinkle the coriander over the rice and serve.