Sautéed Diver Scallop, Broad Bean and Pea Risotto
- Serves 10
Served in a Scallop Shell.
10 large diver scallops, shells cleaned
150g fresh peas, blanched and deskinned
4 large shallots
Sprig of fresh thyme
3 cloves of garlic
1 litre fish stock
1/4 bottle of white wine
300ml whipping cream
1/4 bunch snipped chives
125g parmesan cheese
75g pea shoots
Course sea salt, to serve
- For the Risotto - Finely dice the shallots and garlic and sweat down without colouring.
- Add the Tilda Arborio Risotto Rice and stir continuously whilst adding the wine and the thyme. Cook until the liquid has reduced.
- Add ½ cream and ½ fish stock to the rice, continuing to stir continuously. When the rice is cooked, spread it onto a tray and allow to cool.
- Assembly - Reheat the risotto in a pan, add the Parmesan, peas and broad beans and a little liquid if needed to loosen the risotto. Check the seasoning.
- Pan-fry the scallops in hot pan with a little oil and butter. Try not to move them too much as you want a good colour.
- Place a pile of salt in the middle of plate and sit a scallop shell on the salt (this will hold it in place and is for garnishing purpose only.)
- Add chopped chives to risotto and place in a cleaned shell top with scallop and garnish with pea shoots and chives.