Coconut Basmati Rice Pudding with Passion Fruit Jelly
For the rice pudding
250g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice, washed and drained
1 litre full fat milk
1 litre double cream
1 cinnamon stick
1 split vanilla pod
150g block coconut, chopped into small pieces
80g caster sugar
3 star anise
For the passion fruit jelly
450g passion fruit purée
100g caster sugar
4 gelatine leaves
- Infuse the milk and cream with the cinnamon, star anise and vanilla. Bring to the boil and whisk in the rice.
- Cook in a double boiler until tender then mix in coconut and sugar.
- Remove all spices. Lightly oil 8cm metal rings and fill with rice mixture, leaving 1cm for the jelly. Meanwhile, heat the passion fruit purée and sugar in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Add the gelatine leaves and stir until dissolved.
- When the rice is cold and set, pour on the passion fruit jelly and refrigerate until the jelly is set.
- Serve with mango sorbet on a shortcake biscuit with a cinnamon and passion fruit syrup.