Chunky Lamb Chilli with Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- Serves 8 - 10
For a twist, try serving the Chicken or Lamb Jalfrezi in mini naan breads, along with a yogurt dressing for a deliciously hot kebab.
100ml vegetable oil
5 large onions, finely chopped
12 garlic cloves, crushed
5 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
5 red peppers, cut into 2cm pieces
50g ground cumin
50g medium chilli powder or hot
2kg lamb, lean, diced
4kg tomatoes, chopped
2 ½ tsp tabasco sauce
2kg red kidney beans, canned, drained & rinsed
2 large bunches fresh coriander, chopped
1.25kg Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice
5 tsps dried chilli flakes
Soured cream to serve, optional
- For the chilli, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 10 minutes until softened, then add the red chilli, red pepper, ground cumin and chilli powder and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to high, add the lamb and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until the lamb is browned.
- dd the chopped tomatoes and Tabasco sauce and bring to the boil. Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the kidney beans and mix well. Cook gently, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Season to taste and stir in the coriander.
- Meanwhile, for the rice, add the rice and chilli flakes to a large pan of boiling water and cook following pack instructions.
- To serve, spoon the rice and chunky chilli on to warmed serving plates. Top with a spoonful of soured cream, if desired, and serve immediately.