- Serves 20
Serve with a green leaf salad, drizzled in lemon juice.
- 600g Tilda Brown & White Rice
- 1kg skinless chicken breasts or boneless thighs, cut into chunks
- 500g chorizo (optional)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 celery sticks
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tsp cajun spice
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1.3ltr hot chicken stock
- 900g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 25g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to fan 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Mix the Cajun spice with the diced chicken and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large roasting tin or pan over a moderately high heat, add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until the chicken is lightly browned. Add the chorizo (optional) and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion and celery to the pan then continue to cook for 2 minutes. Add the peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the dry rice, tomato puree and stock then add the tomatoes.
- Return the chicken and chorizo to the pan along with the dried herbs and bay leaves.
- Cover the roasting tin or pan with a lid or foil and bake in the pre-heated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the bay leaves and stir through the chopped coriander before serving.