Caramelised Risotto & Basmati Baked Mango Tart
- Serves 10
By Stuart Fay, The Bell Inn, Horndon on the Hill.
200g Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
100g Tilda Arborio Risotto Rice
3 pints single cream
3 vanilla pods
2 very ripe honey mangoes, peeled and finely puréed
10 sweet pastry cases
½ pint passion fruit coulis
10 scoops coconut ice cream
Coconut, desiccated, for garnish
10 star fruit crisps
- Heat the cream with the split vanilla pods. Add both rices and bake in an oven for 1 to 1½ hrs.
- Place enough mango purée in the pastry cases to cover the bottom.
- Once rice is cooked, pour into the pastry cases to the brim and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle tart with sugar and caramelise with a blowtorch.
- Add a small pool of passion fruit coulis to the serving plate to prevent the tart from sliding and place the tart on top.
- Roll a ball of coconut ice-cream in desiccated coconut, centre it on the tart and garnish with star fruit crisp.