- Serves 20
- 1kg Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil sunflower oil sunflower oil
- 20 chicken wings
- 20 chicken thighs
- 3 onions , chopped
- 6 garlic cloves , crushed
- 4 sticks of celery , sliced thinly
- 5 large fresh chillies , deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1–2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 2.5 litres chicken stock
- 1.6kg chopped tomatoes , canned
- 400g prawns , cooked and peeled
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken wings and thighs in batches, then remove and keep warm.
In the same pan fry the onion, garlic, celery and chillies for 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin, paprika, thyme, bay leaves and Basmati rice, and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan, and mix in the stock, tomatoes and seasoning. Bring to the boil, stirring, then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add the prawns, cook for a further 5 minutes, check the seasoning and serve with a salad.