Chunky Lamb Chilli with Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- Serves 8 - 10
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 5 large onions, finely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
- 5 red peppers, cut into 2cm pieces
- 50g ground cumin
- 50g medium chilli powder or hot
- 2kg lamb, lean, diced
- 4kg tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ½ tsp tabasco sauce
- 2kg red kidney beans, canned, drained & rinsed
- 2 large bunches fresh coriander, chopped
- 1.25kg Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- 5 tsps dried chilli flakes
- Soured cream to serve, optional
For the chilli, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 10 minutes until softened, then add the red chilli, red pepper, ground cumin and chilli powder and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
Turn up the heat to high, add the lamb and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, or until the lamb is browned.
dd the chopped tomatoes and Tabasco sauce and bring to the boil. Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender and the sauce has thickened.
Stir in the kidney beans and mix well. Cook gently, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Season to taste and stir in the coriander.
Meanwhile, for the rice, add the rice and chilli flakes to a large pan of boiling water and cook following pack instructions.
To serve, spoon the rice and chunky chilli on to warmed serving plates. Top with a spoonful of soured cream, if desired, and serve immediately.