Chinese Claypot Rice
- Serves 2
The Chinese Claypot Chicken Rice is a favorite adapted into a vegan dish, and with its fusion of ingredients, it is nutritious, warming, and easy to put together.
- 1 cup Tilda Original Pure Basmati
- 1 packet of firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 ½ ounce roasted cashew nuts
- ¼ cup dried seaweed, washed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- Handful of fine beans, halved
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
For The Berries
- ¾ ounce goji berries
- ¾ ounce dried cranberries
- ¼ ounce warm water
- Soak goji berries and cranberries in water until required.
- Rinse and drain the Basmati rice.
- Over a medium heat, add the oil to a frying pan.
- Add the tofu pieces and fry until slightly golden and crispy.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic until softened.
- Stir in the berries and water, seaweed, light and dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove ingredients from pan and set aside.
- Add the cumin seeds, rice and cinnamon stick to the pan, mix well and top with 400ml of water, over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil before turning down the heat to a simmer. Cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- Lay the precooked ingredients, fine beans and cashews on top of the rice and continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.