Braised Chicken Breast with Lemon Grass & Star Anise
- Serves 10
2 pounds Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
4 ¼ cups chicken stock, fresh
4 sticks of lemon grass, bruised
¼ cup fresh ginger, chopped
3 garlic cloves, sliced
1 red chilli, sliced
10 x 7 ounce chicken breasts, skin on
3 star anise
6 limes, juiced and zested
4 bunches of coriander, chopped
4 ¼ cups stir fry vegetables, sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, baby corn, sweet peppers
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
Soy sauce, to taste
- Boil the chicken stock with the lemon grass, chopped ginger, garlic and chilli for 20 minutes. Once infused strain the liquid, retaining only the stock and discarding any solids.
- Poach the chicken in this broth with the star anise until chicken is cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the broth and keep warm whilst reducing the stock by half. Season with a dash of lime juice.
- Meanwhile prepare and cook the Tilda Basmati rice. For best results, soak the rice for 30 minutes before cooking. After soaking, bring a pan of water (one measure rice: two measures water) to boil and stir in the rice. Return to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Once cooked add the lime juice, lime zest and fresh chopped coriander and cover with cling film. Allow to infuse until ready to serve.
- Stir fry the vegetables and season with a dash of soy sauce and a little grated ginger.
- To serve, place the chicken on top of the stir fried vegetables, alongside the infused Tilda Basmati rice. Finally, spoon a little stock over the dish and serve.