Chinese Claypot Rice
- Serves 2
- 1 cup Tilda Original Pure Basmati
- 1 packet of firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 ½ ounce roasted cashew nuts
- ¼ cup dried seaweed, washed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- Handful of fine beans, halved
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
For The Berries
- ¾ ounce goji berries
- ¾ ounce dried cranberries
- ¼ ounce warm water
Soak goji berries and cranberries in water until required.
Rinse and drain the Basmati rice.
Over a medium heat, add the oil to a frying pan.
Add the tofu pieces and fry until slightly golden and crispy.
Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic until softened.
Stir in the berries and water, seaweed, light and dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
Remove ingredients from pan and set aside.
Add the cumin seeds, rice and cinnamon stick to the pan, mix well and top with 400ml of water, over a medium heat.
Bring to the boil before turning down the heat to a simmer. Cover and steam for 15 minutes.
Lay the precooked ingredients, fine beans and cashews on top of the rice and continue cooking for a further 5-10 minutes.