Spicy Wholegrain Veg Pilau
- Serves 4
- 240g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati
- 600ml water
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ stick of cinnamon
- 1 onion finely diced
- 350g mixed vegetables of your choice either frozen or fresh chopped into 1cm dice
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp minced chilli
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes in warm water and then rinse thoroughly and drain the water.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp vegetable or sunflower oil and add the cumin seeds and cinnamon. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add the onions.
- Sauté the onions for 5-7 minutes or until they start to brown - then add the vegetables. You can use peas, potatoes, sweetcorn, peppers, carrots and anything else you may have in the fridge like butternut squash chopped up.
- Add the turmeric, salt, chilli, garlic, ginger, and rice and mix in with the 600ml water and bring to boil.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy with a dollop of yogurt.