Basmati and Wild Rice Baked Tomato
- Serves 4
- 600g lamb neck
- 200g shallot, carrot, celery, rosemary, lamb stock, red wine
- 200g Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g anchovies
- 100g Manchego ewe’s cheese, grated
- 60g black olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 4 beef tomatoes, remove top and seeds
- Olive oil, rosemary, sea salt, garlic for drizzling
Seal the lamb neck and place in a tray with the vegetables, rosemary, lamb stock & red wine, then cook slowly at 100˚C for 4 hours or until meat is tender. Allow the meat to cool before picking it down, pass off the liquid and reduce it by half, then reserve for the sauce.
Cook the Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice as indicated on the packet, then drain.
Sweat off the onion, garlic and anchovies in a little olive oil, then add to the rice and mix in the grated Manchego cheese, black olives, lamb neck meat and basil, then season.
Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture, put the tops back on and then place on a tray. Drizzle with olive oil, rosemary, sea salt and garlic cloves. Cook at 180˚C for approximately 20 minutes.
Remove and serve with the lamb jus.