Chicken & Chorizo Basmati Paella
- Serves 2
- 225g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 115g chorizo sausage, peeled (optional)
- 600ml gluten-free chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 115g frozen peas
- Salt and black pepper
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the chicken on both sides. Place in the oven on 180°C for 12 minutes.
Add the onion and garlic, and stir in the turmeric. Cook for 2 minutes.
Slice the chorizo and add to the pan with the rice and stock. Bring to the boil and season to taste, then cover and continue to cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced red pepper and frozen peas, and cook for a further 10 minutes until the rice has absorbed the stock.
Slice the chicken breast and place on the presented paella.