Teriyaki Chicken with Savoury Egg Basmati Rice
- 300g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- 150ml soy sauce
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic , chopped
- 2cm fresh ginger , peeled ½ sliced, ½ grated
- 6 chicken thighs , boned with skin on
- 1 tsp of salt
- 850ml water
- 1 red pepper
- 80g baby corn
- 75g bean sprouts
- 50g mange tout
- 100g bok choi
- 150g peas
- 50g scallions , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- In a bowl add the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and grated ginger and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Put the chicken thighs into the bowl and marinate overnight.
- In a medium sized pot, put the sliced ginger with the rice, salt and water. Bring the water to boil on a medium heat and let cook until the rice has absorbed all the water (approx 15 – 20 minutes) then chill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside. Put the remaining marinade into a pan and reduce by half.
- Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown and place in the oven for 15 minutes at 170°C.
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting them into a shape of your choice. Flash fry the vegetables in a preheated pan using sesame seed oil. Season and then set to one side.
- When tender, remove the chicken from the oven and place back into the warm reduced marinade, ensuring that each chicken piece is coated thoroughly.
- Stir fry the precooked Tilda Basmati Rice until piping hot then stir fry with the eggs.
- Serve with the savoury egg rice and vegetables and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.