Smoked Haddock Kedgeree Coulibiac
- Serves 4
With curry spices, Basmati & Wild rice, spinach, egg and puff pastry.
- 200g Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice, uncooked
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, minced
- 200g spinach, blanched & chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 2 sides smoked haddock, pin-boned & skinned
- 4 pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 10g curry spices, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala
- Boil the Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice in 1 litre of water with the curry spices until cooked, then drain and allow to cool.
- Fry the onions, garlic and mushrooms until dry, then mix into the rice. Finally, mix in the spinach, coriander and one of the eggs, and season.
- Lay the two sides of smoked haddock on a flat surface. Lay slices of the remaining hard-boiled eggs over fish, and then a layer of the rice mixture. Sandwich the two halves together, brush the pancakes with beaten egg then roll tightly around the fish. Roll in cling film to form a sausage shape and allow to set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cling film and seal the haddock in puff pastry, then egg wash 3 times with egg yolk only (this will allow for a golden glaze).
- Cook at 175˚C for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with watercress salad and cucumber & mint raita.