Chicken Supreme filled with Chorizo and Cornish Yarg
- Serves 6
Basmati & Wild Rice
- 450g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati & Wild Rice
- 50g butter
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch of fresh basil
- 50g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 250ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 x 300g chicken supremes
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced lengthways
- 300g cornish yarg cheese
- 1 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 6 slices parma ham
- Pre-heat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cook the Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice in boiling water for 15 minutes, drain and leave to cool until ready to serve with the chicken.
- Meanwhile, blanch basil in boiling water for 10 seconds then refresh in ice cold water. Leave to drain.
- Roast the pine nuts in a hot, dry frying pan, turning until they are slightly coloured. Leave to cool, then blend with the basil, garlic and olive oil using a hand held blender or food processor. Season to taste and then add the Parmesan.
- Prepare the chicken by sliding a sharp knife, partway through the middle of each fillet and make a horizontal slit about 3″ long to create a pocket. Fill the cavities with the chorizo and Yarg and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear briefly in a hot frying pan and then cook in the pre-heated oven for 10 mins or until the juices run clear. Leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting, prepare the Parma ham by cooking on a silicon lined tray, under a hot grill until crispy.
- Finally, warm the Tilda Basmati & Wild Rice with the butter and spring onions in a pan and divide between 6 plates. Place each supreme, sliced in half on the beds of rice and drizzle with the pesto oil. Scatter the crispy Parma ham on the top and finish with chopped parsley and diced tomato.