Thai Chicken Curry with Delicate Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- Serves 6
A rich, authentic chicken curry infused with ginger and lemongrass and served with naturally fragrant jasmine rice.
2 cups Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
4 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
2 shallots, peeled roughly chopped
6 inch piece ginger, peeled roughly chopped
2 lemongrass stalks, trimmed
2 green chillies
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 large handfuls fresh cilantro leaves
Juice of 1 lime
6 boneless chicken thighs cut into strips
2 tbsp groundnut oil, or oil of your choice
3/4 cup mixed oriental mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 x 13 ounce can coconut milk
14 ounces chicken stock (approx)
6 kaffir lime leaves
1 cup snow peas
3/4 cup pack choi, roughly chopped
- Make the curry paste by placing the garlic, shallots, ginger, lemongrass, chilies, cumin, half of the coriander into a food processor and blitzing until finely chopped.
- Add the lime juice and blitz again.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on a medium heat until turning golden, transfer to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for 3-5 minutes until golden - transfer to the plate with the chicken.
- Reduce the heat and add the paste to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, pour in the coconut milk, stock and add the lime leaves. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- At the same time, bring a large pot of water to the boil with a little salt. Add the Tilda Basmati rice to the pan and cook until for around 10 to 12 minutes. Drain in a large colander.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, adding the mangetout and pak choi for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle on the remaining cilantro leaves, then serve with the cooked rice and lime wedges.