Lemon & Cardamom Rice Pudding
- Serves 8–10
¾ cup Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
4 cardamom pods
33 ounces milk
20 ¼ ounce carton single cream
½ cup sugar
Caster sugar, to dust
- Bruise the cardamon pods. Place in a pan with milk, cream, sugar and the rind of half a lemon.
- Cook over a low heat stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the milk has come to the boil.
- Place the rice in a shallow 60 ounce ovenproof dish. Strain the milk and pour over the rice. Mix thoroughly. Cook at 325°F for 1 ¾ hours or until rice is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the peel and the pith from the lemons and slice into segments.
- Sprinkle the top of the pudding with caster sugar and brown under a preheated grill.
- Serve with the lemon segments.