- Serves 10
Perfect for helping you meet the growing demand for gluten-free food, these melt-in-your-mouth brownies have the perfect balance of gooeyness and crunch.
Top Tip: The smaller-sized brownies make the perfect accompaniment to any hot beverage menu.
Makes 10–12 large brownies or 24 small brownies
- 1 cup Tilda Pure Basmati Rice, cooked and chilled
- ¾ cup good quality dark cooking chocolate
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped (save 1/8 cup to top brownies)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (milk, dark or white)
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter and stir together to combine.
- Beat eggs until frothy then add brown sugar and beat until smooth. Add melted chocolate/ butter mix a little at a time and beat on a slow/medium setting until you have a smooth and glossy mixture.
- In a food processor, combine the rice, rice flour, salt, vanilla extract and baking soda until well combined, it should be a dough-like texture.
- Add the rice mixture to the chocolate mixture and beat on a medium/high setting for 1-2 minutes. A batter-like texture should form.
- Fold in pecans and spread into prepared baking tray. Smooth mixture out and shake pan to level the mix. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and set-aside.
- Bake at 350˚F in centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the brownies are set (they should be gooey).
- Cool completely on a wire rack for at least an hour, then cover and transfer to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
- The brownies will keep for approx. 3-4 days refrigerated.