Chicken and Apricot Tagine
- Serves 10
2 large onions, sliced
1 tbs sunflower oil
2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp garlic puree
2 tsp ginger puree
4 cups chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch dice
26 ounces chicken stock
14 ounces chickpeas, canned and drained
1 cup apricots, ready to eat dried, halved
1 tbsp runny honey
1/2 cup baby spinach
Salt and pepper, to season
1 ½ tbsp mint sauce
2 ½ cups natural yoghurt
Tomato Coriander Basmati
2 ½ cups Tilda Pure Basmati Rice – Pre-cooked
2 tomatoes, chopped
¾ ounce fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Cook the onion in a deep sauté pan with a splash of water for 3-4 minutes to soften. Add the oil and brown the onion.
- Add the spices, garlic, ginger and the chicken and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and apricots and simmer uncovered for a further 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the honey, spinach and season well. Put the lid on and allow the spinach to wilt in the heat of the pan.
- Meanwhile stir the mint sauce into the yoghurt, and stir the tomatoes, coriander and spring onions into the cooked rice.
- Serve the chicken tagine with the rice and a dollop of minty yoghurt.