Asian Sweet Potato Curry
- Serves 12
- 600g Tilda Brown & White rice
- 6 peppers (3 red and 3 green)
- 6 onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- 90ml sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp each cumin, coriander and turmeric
- 30ml chilli powder for spice (optional)
- 1.5kg sweet potato
- 300g creamed coconut
- 1.35ltr vegetable stock (approx.)
- 450g tinned pineapple, drained
- 300g broccoli florets (optional)
- Chopped coriander to garnish
Prepare the vegetables by peeling and dicing the sweet potato, peppers and onions. The sweet potato should be bite size pieces so they don’t disintegrate when cooking. Crush the garlic.
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Fry the spices for half a minute. Add the onion and garlic. Gently fry for about 2 minutes until soft, then add the peppers and sweet potato and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the creamed coconut and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
Cook the Tilda Brown & White rice as per the on-pack instructions. Cook the broccoli if using.
After 15 minutes, add the pineapple then simmer for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and the sauce has thickened.
Drain the rice and place on a serving dish, then pour the Sweet Potato Curry on top. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.