Chinese Chicken Curry
- Serves 2
Chinese style chicken with ginger, chilli and pak choi with crunchy toasted cashews.
- 120g Tilda Pure Basmati
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5cm piece ginger root peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500ml chicken stock
- 4 chicken thighs
- 100g pak choi, shredded
- 50g toasted cashew nuts
- Gently heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli.
- Season and cook over a low heat for 4-5 minutes to soften. Add the flour and spices and stir well.
- Remove from the heat and blitz to a paste in a blender or food processor. Return to the heat and add the stock, stirring continuously. Set to one side.
- Add the remaining oil to a new pan and cook the chicken on a high heat, turning to seal the edges. Pour over the sauce, bring to the boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Add more water if needed during cooking.
- Cook the rice according to the on-pack instructions.
- Add the pak choi to the chicken 5 minutes before the end.
- Serve with the rice and sprinkled with the cashew nuts.