Chicken and Apricot Tagine
- Serves 10
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 2 tsp ginger puree
- 1 kg chicken breasts, cut into 2cm dice
- 750ml chicken stock
- 410g chickpeas, canned and drained
- 250g apricots, ready to eat dried, halved
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 125g baby spinach
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1½ tbsp mint sauce
- 500g natural yoghurt
Tomato & Coriander Basmati
- 500g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 20g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Cook the onion in a deep sauté pan with a splash of water for 3-4 minutes to soften. Add the oil and brown the onion.
- Add the spices, garlic, ginger and the chicken and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and apricots and simmer uncovered for a further 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the honey, spinach and season well. Put the lid on and allow the spinach to wilt in the heat of the pan.
- Meanwhile stir the mint sauce into the yoghurt, and stir the tomatoes, coriander and spring onions into the cooked brown basmati.
- Serve the chicken tagine with the rice and a dollop of minty yoghurt.