Braised Pork with Orange, Ginger and Thyme
- Serves 12
500g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
1.5kg shoulder pork , cubed
2 green Capsicums
2 red Capsicums
2 yellow Capsicums
2 large bunches of spring onions , chopped
600ml chicken stock
300ml ginger beer
2 oranges , rind and juice
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp dried thyme
4 tbsp worcester sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
3 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper , to season
- Peel carrots and cut into batons.
- Core and deseed the peppers and dice.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and quickly brown the pork.
- Add the spring onions, peppers and carrots, sweat for a few minutes.
- Add the rind and juice of orange, ginger, thyme, Worcester sauce, ginger beer and seasoning to taste.
- Cover and slowly simmer for one hour or until the pork is tender.
- Dissolve the cornflour in the warm chicken stock and pour into the pan. Stir until thickened and then cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with Tilda Pure Basmati Rice cooked according to the instructions.