Warm Prawn, Cherry Tomato & Rice Salad
- Serves 4 - 6
With coriander pesto.
200g Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
1 tbsp olive oil
175g tiger prawns, raw, peeled
250g tomatoes, cherry or regular halved
25g rocket leaves
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp salt
80g bunch Fresh coriander, leaves and stalks
30g almonds, whole blanched, toasted
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, good quality
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the rice into a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Simmer over a medium heat for 25 minutes until tender, then drain and return to the pan over a low heat for 1 minute or 2 just to dry out the rice a little. Tip into a large serving dish.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Place the garlic, salt and coriander in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Add the almonds and blend again until coarsely chopped. Take out the blade and stir in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- When the rice is almost ready, you can heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and add the prawns. Stir fry for 1 minute and then add the tomatoes and stir everything together until the prawns are pink all over and the tomatoes softened a little.
- Stir the pesto into the rice whilst it is still warm, so it coats all the grains and then add half the tomatoes and prawns.
- Serve on to dishes with the rocket leaves topped with the extra prawns and tomatoes on top.