Spicy Vegetable and Bean Burritos
- Serves 20
Top Tip: Serve with a healthy mixed leaf salad, drizzled with fresh lime juice and olive oil dressing.
600g Tilda Brown & White Rice
20 soft flour tortillas
3 onions, thinly sliced
3 red bell peppers, seeded, cored and sliced
3 green bell peppers, seeded, cored and sliced
1.2kg tinned kidney beans, drained
400g grated cheddar cheese
150g sour cream
2 tbsp olive oil
Pepper, for seasoning
3 tsp cumin
3 tsp dried coriander
Chilli sauce for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add Tilda Brown ‘n’ White rice and return to a medium boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes depending on required texture. Drain well and keep warm at a minimum of 63°C.
- Place the sliced onions and peppers on a shallow baking tray and lightly toss with olive oil, cumin, coriander and pepper. Roast in the oven for approx 10 minutes until soft and lightly caramelised.
- Heat the kidney beans in a pan of simmering water, drain and keep hot.
- Evenly distribute the cooked rice, cheese and beans in the centre of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the roasted peppers and onions on top of the rice, cheese and beans and top with sour cream and a dash of chilli sauce.
- Fold the top and bottom of each tortilla towards the middle, and roll to form burritos. Keep warm or serve straight away.
- Optional – once made, Burritos can be warmed through the oven for 6-8 minutes on a medium heat.