Lemon & Cardamom Rice Pudding
- Serves 8 - 10
- 150g Tilda Original Pure Basmati Rice
- 4 cardamom pods
- 900ml milk
- 568ml carton single cream
- 125g sugar
- 3 lemons
- Caster sugar, to dust
- Bruise the cardamon pods. Place in a pan with milk, cream, sugar and the rind of 1/2 a lemon.
- Cook over a low heat stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the milk has come to the boil.
- Place the rice in a shallow 1.7ltr ovenproof dish. Strain the milk and pour over the rice. Mix thoroughly. Cook at 170°C/325°F/ Gas Mark 3 for 1 3/4 hours or until rice is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the peel and the pith from the lemons and slice into segments.
- Sprinkle the top of the pudding with caster sugar and brown under a preheated grill.
- Serve with the lemon segments.