Chicken & Chorizo Basmati Paella
- Serves 2
225g Tilda Easy Cook Basmati Rice
1 chicken breast
4 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground turmeric
115g chorizo sausage, peeled (optional)
600ml gluten-free chicken stock
4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
115g frozen peas
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the chicken on both sides. Place in the oven on 180°C for 12 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic, and stir in the turmeric. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slice the chorizo and add to the pan with the rice and stock. Bring to the boil and season to taste, then cover and continue to cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sliced red pepper and frozen peas, and cook for a further 10 minutes until the rice has absorbed the stock.
- Slice the chicken breast and place on the presented paella.