Japanese Inspired Grilled Rice Balls
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Tasty grilled rice balls with a crispy, golden crust and a soft sticky centre. Our Limited Edition Japanese Teriyaki rice means you will need minimal ingredients and time to create this moreish Japanese favourite. Looks like hard work, ready in minutes – a recipe worth boasting about!
Tildalicious tip: if desired the rice balls can have a filling such as pickled radish or sushi ginger. When forming the shapes press filling into the middle and ensure it is well hidden in the centre. These rice balls are inspired by traditional 'onigiri' in Japanese cuisine!
3 tbsps soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds
A little oil for greasing tray
- Pre-heat the grill on high
- Empty half of the pouch of the Tilda Limited Edition Japanese Teriyaki Rice into a small food processor and whizz until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remainder of the rice. Mix well
- Divide the mix into four. Mould each quarter into a triangular shape squeezing the rice well to compact it
- Grease a baking tray with oil. Place the onigiri on the tray and grill for 5- 7 minutes. Turn over and grill the other side for 5-7 minutes
- Remove from the oven and coat both sides with soy sauce. Return to the grill for 3-4 minutes to crisp up
- Remove from the grill and sprinkle with sesame seeds