Super Grains - Tawa Pulao
From Rob Hobson
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Rich in Indian flavours with added freshness of coriander and lime, this Tawa Pulao also has a Super Grains twist to create the full multi-sensory experience!
220g packet of Tilda Super Grains Garlic and Ginger
4 firm, waxy potatoes such as Charlotte or Desiree, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 tbsp groundnut oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
1 courgette, finely chopped
1 tbsp Garam masala
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp dried crushed chillies
2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
150g frozen peas
1 lime, juiced
Pinch of sea salt
Small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
50g toasted almond flakes
- Set a small saucepan of water over a high heat and bring to the boil. Add the potato and boil for about 10 minutes until tender. Once cooked, drain and set to one side.
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, set a wok over a high heat and add the oil. Add the onions and fry for a few minutes until they soften and start to change colour.
- Add the garlic, ginger, pepper and courgette then fry for a further 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric and dried chillies and fry for one minute as the spices become fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and keep stirring then add the stirring frequently, about two minutes. Add the green peas and potatoes and fry for another minute.
- Add the rice and mix everything thoroughly frying for another two to three minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the lime juice, salt, coriander leaves and spring onions then top with almonds.
- Divide the dish between four dishes.